0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology or Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Neuropsychology
Psychopathology Part I and II are designed to impart students with a working knowledge of mental disorders. The units also aim to equip students with the clinical skills required to assess, formulate and diagnose clients presenting with a variety of clinical conditions.
At the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- Conduct a clinical interview with a client, incorporating a mental status examination.
- Complete a thorough and accurate written evaluation of a client.
- Be familiar with major classes of psychiatric illness.
- Feel competent in the formulation and diagnosis of a wide variety of psychiatric problems.
- Effectively and appropriately contribute to case discussions regarding formulation and diagnoses and reflect upon and evaluate own and others' assessment/clinical interviewing skills
Satisfactory Class Participation (Hurdle)
Mental Status Examination 20%
Psychological Report (1500 words) 30%
End of semester take home exam 50%