6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
48 Credit points and with permission by the Unit Coordinator
This unit introduces students to digital publishing within art and design studio practices. It builds sequentially upon the skills and knowledge of electronic design by providing a focus upon digital methods of publication. Students explore digital workflow through a variety of software applications and a range of delivery options for digital publishing with increasing confidence, proficiency and technical understanding of demands required across the development, creation and realisation of networked publishing outcomes.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- skillfully and insightfully conceive, develop, create, compose and output digital publications
- explore digital workflow through a variety of software applications and range of delivery options for digital publishing with increasing confidence and proficiency
- produce creative digital publications with an increased conceptual understanding of hypertext forms and visual communication
- demonstrate increased technical understanding of demands required across the development, creation and realization of networked publishing outcomes
- display an increasingly personalized artistic expression and sophisticated creative digital media approach which can be applied to self-promotion and publishing strategies for marketing and visual communication
- observe and employ occupational health and safety principles and rules appropriate to studio practice.
100% Mixed mode
12 hours per week including 4 contact hours (1 hour lecture plus 3 hours tutorial) and 8 independent study hours.
See also Unit timetable information