6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Trimester 2 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester 3 2018 (On-campus)
The interdisciplinary studio environment, provides through team-based project activities and problem-based learning, the application of knowledge and techniques from the students individual design disciplines, whilst solving a complex multi-faceted design problem. Offshore context requires students to respond in a conscious and critical manner to the local environment, and to exercise entrepreneurial skills to research.
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- operate constructively as part of a team
- contribute as a discipline-specific designer within an interdisciplinary design context
- support and assist other design specialists
- develop observation, research and information gathering skills conducted in an unfamiliar cultural context
- conduct critical enquiry and provide summative reviews of self and peers.
Exercises and projects: 90%
Attendance and participation: 10%
8 studio hours and 14 hours of independent study per week.
See also Unit timetable information