18 points, SCA Band 1, 0.375 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit is part two of the major project sequence for the honours course, and students are expected to continue with the research initiated in CDS4001, and develop a time frame which details the final visual presentation in consultation with a supervisor and the course coordinator. The project must have appropriate aspects to serve as a vehicle to demonstrate the student's professional understanding and capabilities, as well as appropriate complexity to enable the student to professionally undertake and present it within the time and resource limitations of the unit. All documentation must be completed to a professional standard.
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- be able to develop and refine their graphic design project from the conceptual stage undertaken
in CDS4001 Major Project (Communication Design) Part 1 through to a visual presentation
which demonstrates a very high level of capability
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the discipline and its professional practices, with particular reference to the social, cultural and aesthetic aspects of their investigation
- have a high level of knowledge of the contemporary discourse in communication design and to be able to position their work relative to it
- be able to debate and/or defend their practice in an informed critical appraisal
- demonstrate they have cultivated high ambitions to perfect their research and practice in communication design.
Mid semester portfolio:20%
8 studio hours and 28 independent study hours per week.
See also Unit timetable information