6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Department of Business Law and Taxation
Not offered in 2018
This unit provides a detailed study of the theoretical perspectives of business law and regulation in China. Some of the specific topics of the unit include business organizations in China, company law, securities law, fund management law, contract law, copyright law, and bankruptcy law. This unit will provide students with broad policy perspectives on these topics in a nutshell and practical guidance on compliance issues concerning Chinese business law and regulation when doing business in China.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- comprehend business culture and underlying principles of business law and regulation in China
- develop good understanding of cultural, political and social factors in shaping business regulation in China
- acquire knowledge of specific substantive areas of Chinese business law.
- critically analyse key issues of Chinese business law and the manner in which law regulates commercial activities in China
- evaluate broad policy perspectives on the issues studied, informed by comparative approach in legal analysis
- improve student research, writing and presentation skills through an extended opportunity to write and present research assignments in a chosen topic or area by the students.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information