36 points, SCA Band 2, 0.750 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Full year 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 to First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in an approved Honours or Postgraduate Diploma in the discipline of Biotechnology
Students will undertake a supervised research project. Candidates may commence the honours year at the beginning of either the first or second semester. Students will carry out a research project and present the results of their study in both written and oral form. Information about research projects will be available from the course coordinator towards the end of the preceding semester.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Critically review the scientific literature that underpins the selected area of biotechnology research;
- Undertake a supervised research project in an area of biotechnology and contribute to project design and management;
- Apply appropriate laboratory techniques, research methodologies and data analysis methods to collect, interpret and report the findings;
- Effectively present the research and findings orally showing a firm grasp of the area;
- Analyse the research in the context of the discipline area and report the findings in an extended written report.
Assessment will include a written thesis and oral defence. Final assessment methods will be advised by the unit coordinator prior to commencement.
See also Unit timetable information