6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in course M6003
This unit is part of the work preparation component of the Master of Biomedical and Health Science. This unit prepares students with the skill set for work and industry preparedness.
Students will gain experience in developing an employment/work portfolio which will provide an opportunity to market themselves professional as well as skill development in different interview styles.
Students will also develop entrepreneurship skills and models to commercialise products in the biomedical and biotechnology industries
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Create a professional portfolio for different types of positions within the biomedical or biotechnology industries
- Critique and contrast different behaviour based interview techniques and their application to real world situations in the biomedical or biotechnical industry
- Evaluate models of entrepreneurship that include organising a business, protecting and communicating ideas
- Analyse and identify communication strategies for fundraising in different biomedical and biotech entrepreneurship target markets
- Engage in effective work related peer review processes.
- Assemble a portfolio showing work readiness for different types of biomedical/biotech industries (1,500 words) (30%)
- Professional identity presentation (30 minutes) (15%)
- Execute a role-play behavioural interview or situational judgement task (20%)
- Design and develop a strategy for attracting capital funding for a biomedical product (30%)
On-campus contact 4 hours/day, 5 weeks.
Please note: The teaching dates for this unit vary from the standard teaching datesstandard teaching dates (http://www.monash.edu/enrolments/dates/census) for this teaching period.
Unit discontinuation and penalty dates for these units are different to other units taught in the same teaching period.
Please refer to the information available on the Faculty's non-standard teaching datesFaculty's non-standard teaching dates (http://www.med.monash.edu.au/enrolments/non-standard-dates.html) page to avoid academic and financial penaltiesacademic and financial penalties (http://www.monash.edu/enrolments/processes/change/add-or-discontinue-units#penalties).
See also Unit timetable information