6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (Evening)
Students must be enrolled in course B6007
AFF9160, BFF5916, BFF5973, AFF9730
Topics include working capital management, capital budgeting and funding decisions (capital structure and cost of capital) incorporating the identification of foreign exchange risks and their management as well as their financial reporting implications.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- identify motives and evaluate strategies for foreign direct investment
- understand the impact of and strategies to manage risks associated with international business
- acquire a sound knowledge of issues surrounding the financing of international business
- develop oral presentation skills in communicating complexities surrounding international business
- develop an ability to work independently, lead and participate in teams from diverse cultural and social backgrounds by producing a presentation relating to an international business issue
- demonstrate in an individual summative assessment task the acquisition of a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered by BFM5973.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study.
See also Unit timetable information