6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (Evening)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must be enrolled in course B6001 or B6003.
This unit is intended to consolidate and apply the technical learning achieved in the core units of the Master of Applied Finance, to attain real industry experiences. This will be achieved by using a selection of targeted case studies that highlight the issues likely to be encountered in industry.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop the ability to identify problems, to synthesise, analyse, and summarise quantitative and qualitative information
- evaluate and weigh evidence, arguments and ethics
- apply specialist skills and knowledge to global business issues and to work out solutions to practitioner issues
- develop capabilities to work effectively in a group
- demonstrate effective individual research skills to produce professional quality business documents to address financial issues.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information