24 points, SCA Band 3, 0.500 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Full year 2018 (On-campus)
Under supervision, students are expected to undertake and report on an original research topic that addresses a contemporary and/or a significant issue in the field of accounting, banking and finance, insurance or risk management. Students must find a suitable supervisor, have selected an appropriate area of research and have obtained the approval of their course director before undertaking in this unit.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop an ability to work independently by selecting a research project that requires a critical review of the literature and derivation of appropriate hypotheses
- acquire knowledge of devising appropriate procedures for the testing of the hypotheses, showing regard to both theoretical and practical problems of conducting scientific research
- develop the ability to conduct a planned study and manage any problems arising from the research design and data collection
- develop a high level of analytical, written and communication skills.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 576 hours per semester
See also Unit timetable information