0 points, SCA Band 3, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must be enrolled in the 0029 Doctor of Philosophy before undertaking this unit.
This unit introduces doctoral candidates to the current research issues and empirical tools in the area of banking. This unit will cover theoretical and empirical papers as well as introduce students to banking related databases and the main methodology required to conduct high-level banking research.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- acquire knowledge of contemporary issues in financial institution research
- critically evaluate current theoretical and empirical research in financial institution research
- develop analytical skills via understanding the intuition and logic behind theoretical and empirical research in financial institution research
- effectively convey ideas in writing and speech
- demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the topics covered in this course
Within semester assessment: 70% + Examination: 30%