12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2018 (On-campus)
- Summer semester B 2018 (On-campus)
Students must be granted permission by the Chief Examiner to undertake this unit.
Students must be enrolled in a Master's program to undertake this unit.
Students must have completed at least 1 semester of full time equivalent study at Monash before undertaking this unit.
This unit is designed to provide students with the opportunity to put theory into practice in a business environment.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop a deeper understanding of the difference between theory and practice
- apply theory and ethical values to practice in a supervised environment
- evaluate personal learning and personal development in a complex business environment
- apply research skills and provide innovative solutions to complex business problems
- communicate effectively and perceptively in a business environment.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six/eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Off-campus attendance requirements
The contact hours will be spent engaged in supervised industry-based learning activities as part of their placement. This includes time required to attend regular meetings on campus with their academic supervisor.