0 points, SCA Band 3, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics
Not offered in 2018
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- discuss and apply the process of product design
- select an appropriate model to solve client problems
- recognise the importance of capital
- apply relevant approaches and techniques to the valuation of liabilities
- apply appropriate techniques to the pricing of products and contracts
- measure, report and manage solvency
- measure and report emerging profits and/or costs
- monitor and assess experience
- manage the business and respond to the experience.
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information