6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Ms Jennifer Nzonzo
Mr Mazanai Musara (Second semester)
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Students must be enrolled in course 4414.
Under the guidance of an academic supervisor, this subject allows a student to independently gain in-depth discipline knowledge in a selected area of business and commerce, as a foundation for the completion of an honours research project. The student will complete a prescribed list of readings, undertake further independent literature studies and complete other learning activities and assessments considered appropriate for the selected field of study.
The learning goals associated with this unit are:
- to analyse the literature to determine the research methodology appropriate for the chosen research project
- to synthesise the literature to inform the students' research method design and implementation
- to critically evaluate the literature and present in written and/or oral form key arguments related to the selection of methods for the research project.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information