12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Under the supervision of an academic staff member, students will implement and report on a research thesis or research creative object commenced in the unitMusic honours research A on an approved topic of their own devising.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students should be able to:
- plan, conduct and report on research in their research thesis or research creative object;
- demonstrate a practical understanding of the ethical issues associated with conducting research, where relevant;
- demonstrate a command of existing scholarship relating to their research thesis or research creative object.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information