12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
Acceptance into the relevant language Honours program
The study in depth of a particular topic in literature, culture, society or linguistics, or, in exceptional circumstances, a subject taken in a cognate discipline. Students should consult with the honours coordinator.
After successfully completing this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of their chosen topic;
- identify the key sources relevant to the topic;
- develop a research proposal based on those sources;
- write a detailed research report; More generally students are expected to develop their abilities to:
- devise and conceptualise a research project;
- develop a viable research strategy; and
- present logical, coherent arguments.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information