12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Winter semester 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
Must be enrolled in course code A2001 or B2006 or L3009 or S2003.
- This unit is an international study programinternational study program (http://future.arts.monash.edu/learning-abroad) at Malaysian Campus that requires an application to be enrolled and may incur additional cost.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
- The unit may be offered as part of the Winter Arts ProgramWinter Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/winter-program.html).
- This unit is a core unit for the Bachelor of Global StudiesBachelor of Global Studies (http://www.monash.edu/pubs/2018handbooks/courses/A2001.html).
This unit builds on the foundations of Leadership for Social Change 1 and 2. The unit will provide a forum in which students will bring together both discipline-specific and interdisciplinary skills that they have acquired over their study and synthesise this knowledge to formulate practical and innovative approaches to global challenges. The international location of this unit will allow students to refine both their leadership skills and their intercultural awareness.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- apply interdisciplinary methods to a range of contemporary regional and/or global challenges;
- independently construct approaches to understanding to a range of contemporary regional and/or global challenges;
- demonstrate an awareness of different cultural contexts and their importance in mediating social change;
- demonstrate advanced critical and analytical skills;
- communicate outcomes of new knowledge in an effective way, both orally and in writing;
- build on and develop collaborative and leadership skills.
This unit will be taught in BLOCK mode at the Monash Malaysia campus.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Bachelor of Global StudiesBachelor of Global Studies (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2018handbooks/courses/A2001.html)