6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
Building on the language skills, communication strategies and knowledge of Korean history, culture and society that students have acquired so far, this unit is designed to help students develop an ability to engage in moderately sophisticated conversations and to comprehend diverse reading materials. Students will also develop a deeper understanding of the relationship between language and culture, thereby appreciating the validity of different ways of perceiving experiences.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Engage in moderately sophisticated conversation in everyday social situations
- Read diverse and increasingly complex texts
- Produce moderately sophisticated written Korean
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to other cultures, leading to a better understanding of their own culture, identity and values
Within semester assessment: 60% + Exam: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information