12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester (Northern) 2018 (Off-campus Day)
- First semester 2018 (Off-campus Day)
- Second semester 2018 (Off-campus Day)
- This unit is an international study programinternational study program (http://future.arts.monash.edu/learning-abroad) that requires an application to be enrolled and may incur additional cost.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
Students will undertake in-country study at the institution with which Monash University has an exchange agreement. This study will be the equivalent of 12 points of fifth-year postgraduate study in Arts at Monash University in the form of 5th year unit(s) offered by the host institution in the domain of translation studies.
On completion of this unit, students will have gained in depth knowledge about, and appreciation of translation studies in a global context. They will also have enhanced their language and transfer skills through immersion in an overseas learning environment.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information