0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Must have passed 72 credit points in the Bachelor of Art History and Curating
Students enrolled in this unit will complete a six-week internship with an external organisation, such as a gallery or museum, for a minimum of one day per week. The internship is self-managed, with the assistance of the Unit Coordinator and host organisation. The internship experience will enable students to put their skills and knowledge into practice in a professional workplace, and build industry contacts and confidence. Students will complete a journal that documents and reflects on the internship experience.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- work effectively in a professional environment;
- understand the essential elements of museum and gallery administration;
- apply and extend knowledge obtained through their degree in a professional setting;
- work autonomously on a range of tasks, such as the installation of artworks and the marketing of exhibitions;
- communicate the results of the internship through a reflexive journal.
Written report, 1000 words (100%)
Off-campus: 48 hours (approximately one day per week over six weeks)
See also Unit timetable information