6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
ACF3200 or equivalent.
ACF3511, AFF3511, ACC3141, AFC3141.
The unit aims to provide an advanced understanding of how management accounting supports organisational strategy. It extends prior management accounting knowledge, provides overarching frameworks for understanding performance management and covers topics relating to a variety of organisational settings.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- demonstrate how management accounting systems can be designed to support strategy
- apply management accounting techniques to strategic business decisions
- critically assess strategic management accounting concepts and techniques
- analyse and make recommendations regarding the design of strategic management accounting systems
- apply critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to individual and/or group activities to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered in the unit.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information