6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester A 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester B 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester C 2018 (On-campus)
, AFF2491, ACF2491, AFG2491, ACG2491, AFW2491, , ACC2120, AFC2120, .
This unit examines financial accounting issues associated with the operation of corporate structures. Topics include financial reporting requirements, financing company operations, business combinations, the nature of corporate groups, the preparation of consolidated financial statements and financial statement analysis.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- explain the regulation of companies and the content of company financial reports
- critically examine current issues and disclosure requirements in financial reporting
- apply accounting standards and the conceptual framework in the preparation and presentation of financial reports for consolidated entities
- demonstrate accounting knowledge in areas such as company operations, taxation, property, plant and equipment, acquisitions, group accounting and financial statement analysis
- apply critical thinking, research, problem solving and written and oral communication skills to demonstrate the acquisition of a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered by this unit.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information