12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
Students must have completed 48 credit points, including AFC1030 or ACC1030.
Students must be enrolled in course B2000, B2001, B2003 or associated double degree program.
Over the 14 week period of full-time employment, students will be required to complete one or more specified projects. The projects will be determined by the course coordinator in consultation with the sponsor and the student undergoing the industry-based learning.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- perform business tasks effectively and efficiently, both as an individual and as a team member
- apply technical and theoretical knowledge and skills to business tasks
- demonstrate an understanding of the nuances and practicalities of working within an organisation
- communicate perceptively and effectively with subordinates, peers and superiors
- apply critical thinking and compose a set of high quality reports for submission to management.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six/eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information