Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Dr Rory Wolfe
Professor Pascale Adukwei Allotey (Malaysia)
All research students will be required to undertake compulsory training in the following areas:
- Monash Graduate Research Induction (online)
- Research Integrity (online)
- faculty induction, including occupational health and safety (where required).
All PhD students must complete the following two 0-credit-point coursework units, normally prior to confirmation of their enrolment:
Students are also required to complete the 'Good research practice' short course delivered by the Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine within their first year of enrolment.
With the agreement of the school's PhD program coordinator and the student's main supervisor, a student may:
- in exceptional circumstances complete an elective unit in place of one of the required coursework units
- additionally complete up to two elective units - while this is not mandatory, it is strongly encouraged in order to add breadth to the student's training.
Students may also be directed or encouraged to attend and make presentations at various forums throughout their enrolment.
0047 Doctor of Philosophy