The performance minor provides students with knowledge and practice-based understanding of the elements required in professional theatre-making. The minor is designed to complement the 48 point theatre major and to build on level 1 study in the theatre major. The level 2 and level 3 performance units integrate theoretical study of performance with hands-on instruction in and exploration of acting, technical knowledge, devising and performing theatre, thus providing the professionally relevant knowledge of core skills needed to create work within the performing arts industry.
Performance is listed in A2000 Bachelor of Arts at Clayton as a minor.
Minor requirements (24 points)
This minor is available to any student who has completed the level 1 sequence in the theatre major; ATS1287 (Performance in context 1) and ATS1288 (Performance in context 2).
Successful completion of the minor can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
Students in other single bachelor's degrees may be eligible to complete the minor by using 24 points of their free electives.
Successful completion of the minor can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the Bachelor of Arts component in the following double degrees:
- A2005 Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Art
- A2004 Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Music
- B2019 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Arts
- B2012 Bachelor of Business Specialist and Bachelor of Arts
- B2020 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- B2024 Bachelor of Commerce Specialist and Bachelor of Arts
- D3002 Bachelor of Education (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts
- E3002 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts
- C2002 Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts
- L3003 Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts
- S2006 Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts