This program provides doctoral (PhD) students with the opportunity to focus on developing knowledge and expertise in their chosen discipline, as well as developing professional skills that will support their career ambitions.
Each student's research will be supported by the development of a range of skills that will help them to become more efficient researchers, ultimately improving the quality of the research and developing generic/transferable skills of value to prospective employers.
This program is also applicable to students studying externally.
All PhD students will be required to undertake compulsory training in the following areas:
- Monash Graduate Research Induction (online)
- Research Integrity (online)
- faculty induction, including occupational health and safety (where required).
All PhD students must complete the following coursework unit/s, normally prior to confirmation of their enrolment. In consultation with their supervisor/s, students choose from the following units appropriate to their thesis topic:
- BEX6300 Philosophy of research
- BEX6100 Advanced quantitative research methods or BEX6200 Advanced qualitative research methods
Students may also be directed or encouraged to attend and make presentations at various forums throughout their enrolment.
0029 Doctor of Philosophy