12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
This unit builds on skills developed in previous studios and applies these to a range of focused projects that extend and explore transformational practices in spatial design and interior architecture. In this studio successful project outcomes will be of a high intermediate level of complexity. They will provide an opportunity to integrate learning across the course with the development of responsive design practices. A number of focused studio projects will be offered.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Respond creatively to complex design briefs;
- Investigate relevant concepts and precedents in design discourse and incorporate these into design proposals;
- Understand the role of key built environment professionals and apply the conventions for the production of construction documentation;
- Demonstrate the resolution of competing needs during the development of a design proposal with increasing awareness and independence;
- Explore and communicate design schemes through appropriate modes of representation;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
Transformational thinking (30%)
Transformational practice (50%)
24 hours per week including 8 studio hours and 16 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information