12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
, IAR3106, IAR3116,
This unit builds on skills developed in previous studios and applies these to a range of focused projects that extend and explore transformational practices in spatial design and interior architecture. In this studio successful project outcomes will be of a high intermediate level of complexity. They will provide an opportunity to integrate learning across the course with the development of responsive design practices. A number of focused studio projects will be offered.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Respond creatively to complex design briefs;
- Investigate relevant concepts and precedents in design discourse and incorporate these into design proposals;
- Understand the role of key built environment professionals and apply the conventions for the production of construction documentation;
- Demonstrate the resolution of competing needs during the development of a design proposal with increasing awareness and independence;
- Explore and communicate design schemes through appropriate modes of representation;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
Transformational thinking (30%)
Transformational practice (50%)
24 hours per week including 8 studio hours and 16 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information