6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
IAR2303, IAR2301, IAR2304
This unit will build on previous units and introduce students to the professional practices employed as part of the construction and fabrication of inhabited environments. Conventions for documentation of project proposals, and communication with other building industry professionals will form important elements of the unit.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will have the ability to:
- Understand key relationships between construction decisions and design outcomes, and use these in the development of design proposals;
- Understand the role of key built environment professionals and a range of communication approaches employed in the construction of design proposal;
- Apply conventions for the production of construction documentation;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information