0 points, SCA Band 2, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Admission to any Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture course
An introduction to occupational health, safety and environmental training within the context of courses within the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture, together with an understanding of the historical perspectives and context of safety and environment concerns in the workplace. The difference between hazard and risk, and the process of risk assessment in workplaces.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Have an understanding of the nature of health and safety in the workplace, community expectations, and the relevant legislation;
- Be conversant with procedures for dealing with emergencies;
- Have an understanding of the terms hazard, risk, risk assessment, and risk management, and an understanding of the procedures for assessing and managing risk;
- Be able to identify the main types of hazard which may be encountered in studios and workshops - chemical, physical, and biological;
- Have an understanding of the importance of controlling risk and how this is done.
100% in-semester assessment. Pass grade only.
Self guided study. Completion of online modules.
See also Unit timetable information