6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit introduces the field of transportation design including materials technology, ergonomics, future trends and external influences, and transportation design history. Project work will be undertaken using the appropriate drawing and rendering techniques to initiate and present transportation concepts.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Accurately sketch preliminary transportation concepts;
- Detail their design solutions using appropriate means and materials;
- Analyse transport design problems;
- Understand transportation design styling terms;
- Understand the types of materials, construction techniques, advances in engineering and technology that have recently occurred in the automotive/transportation industries;
- Observe and employ occupational health and safety principles and rules appropriate to studio practice.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information