6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students undertaking course Bachelor of Industrial Design, or Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design), who have completed one ofor or and have completed one of DWG1301 or
This unit covers an advanced practice of combining techniques and media, as well as experimental methods; introduction to framing of the subject; selection of the most appropriate view; combination of views; development of background treatment; composition of pictorial settings for products.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Draw to build ideas and show salient features of an intended design rather than a pre-existing object;
- Appreciate drawing as a method of externalising thoughts and developing ideas;
- Communicate their ideas through concept presentation sketches and renderings;
- Use drawing for persuasion and communication in a product design context;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of appropriate drawing mediums and equipment;
- Understand the range of drawing mediums and select appropriate techniques to suit the nature of the design or the communicative purpose.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information