12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
DPH6001 and DPH6002
Supervised practical placement in University Departments and Centres, hospitals, affiliated research Institutes, community health services, non-government organisations or the Dept of Human Services. Giving students the opportunity to interact with practising public health professionals. Students are co-supervised by a member of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences academic staff.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of quantative research methods in public health;
- design, develop and present an original research protocol;
- prepare an application for approval by an Ethics Committee;
- design and outline methods for validating a questionnaire suitable for data entry; and
- write a paper suitable for publication in a peer reviewed journal.
Written report 100%
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Public health and preventive medicine PhD program