6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This is a capstone unit for students undertaking a management major in the Bachelor of Commerce degree. The unit considers the practical applications of strategic management concepts and theories. Students are required to apply critical thinking and research skills to strategic problem solving in contemporary Australian cases. The emphasis is on analysis and judgment to identify strategic issues, evaluate options and recommend action.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- explain the practical implications of different perspectives on strategic management
- select and apply a framework and techniques to analyse particular cases
- research and select information to analyse particular cases
- identify and evaluate strategic issues and recommend actions in particular cases
- integrate and effectively communicate analysis in presentations and reports.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Successful completion of 72 credit points.