This international double master's program enables you to complete the requirements of the Monash Master of Industrial Design as well as the second degree with Southeast University (SEU) located in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China.
This program allows designers to sharpen their practice and further their industrial design skills at an advanced level. Graduates of the Master of Industrial Design will have enhanced, highly developed capabilities, which will place them at the forefront of their field of design practice. Through the completion of sustained design projects, students are required to demonstrate high-level planning, resourcing, implementation, completion and evaluation, culminating in an expert understanding of the professional design process.
These course outcomes are aligned with the Australian Qualifications Framework level 9 and Monash Graduate AttributesAustralian Qualifications Framework level 9 and Monash Graduate Attributes (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/handbooks/alignmentofoutcomes.html).
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- analyse critically, reflect on and synthesise complex theories, concepts and propositions, communicate specific design strategies and methodologies with a high level of personal autonomy
- apply advanced cognitive abilities, technical skills, business and marketing strategies, cultural enquiry and conceptual resolution to independent professional practice at the forefront of their contemporary industrial practice
- apply advanced understanding of the conventions of the discipline to engage collaboratievely and autonomously in the resolution and communication of design concepts
- demonstrate a synthesis of complex theory and design practice through the execution and evaluation of creative endeavours, research, critical and social context.
The Master of Industrial Design is structured in two parts: Part A. Advanced design studies and Part B. Advanced design applications.
The course comprises 72 points structured into two parts: Part A. Advanced design studies (24 points) and Part B.Advanced design applications (48 points).
Units are 6 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Advanced design studies (24 points)
Students at South East University, China receive block credit for master's-level study at South East University China (24 points)
Part B. Advanced design applications (48 points)
You must complete:
- MDC5100 Major design project (24 points)
- MDC5010 Advanced design communication
- MDC5020 Design project (part 1) (12 points)
- OHS1000 Introduction to art and design health and safety (0 points)
- TDN5001 Research methods in industrial design