0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Second semester 2019 (Off-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in 3669, M6012, SWM5102
This unit is structured to assist students in Planning and preparing for Supervised Professional Practice 1 (first Placement).
The unit consists of 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings.
Students complete Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements in this unit in order to proceed to a supervised professional practice placement.
The unit is a prerequisite for SWM5103
Upon successfully completing this unit students will be able to:
- Research and apply skills and knowledge which demonstrate judgement and defined responsibility in relation to Faculty and department compliance and readiness for placement
- Interpret and transmit knowledge, skills and ideas in a professional manner within tutorials and briefings
- Analyse, synthesise and reflect on the roles and responsibilities of those involved in supervised professional practice placement - the university, the student, and the host organisation by participating in tutorial/briefing activities
- Research and apply establish theories in relation to the service system with particular reference to Medicare and Centrelink by participating in tutorials/briefings
- Interpret and transmit the importance of supervision when undertaking supervised professional practice placement by participating in tutorial/briefings
- Analyse, synthesise and reflect on the importance of preparing effectively for supervised professional practice placement, by completing required tutorials/briefings, and mandatory Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements for placement.
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 1 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 2 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 3 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 4 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 5 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 6(hurdle)
Each hurdle builds on the previous hurdle
Students will participate in 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings, comprising a mix of in class and online activities (up to 14 hours)
See also Unit timetable information
Off-campus attendance requirements
Students will participate in 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings, comprising online activities (up to 14 hours)