0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- First semester 2019 (Off-campus)
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Health Sciences (Human Services stream) - course codes 0004, 3426, 3447, 3870, 3965 and M20022
This unit is structured to assist students in Planning and preparing for Supervised Professional Practice 1 (first Placement).
The unit consists of 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings.
Students complete Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements in this unit in order to proceed to a supervised professional practice placement.
The unit is a prerequisite for SWK 3180
Upon successfully completing this unit students will be able to:
- Communicate and conduct yourself professionally through participation in tutorials and briefings.
- Identify and differentiate between the roles and responsibilities of those involved in supervised professional practice placement - the university, the student, and the host organisation by participating in tutorial/briefing activities
- Transmit knowledge of the service system within Australia with particular reference to Medicare and Centrelink.
- Analyse and evaluate the importance of supervision when undertaking supervised professional practice placement.
- Prepare for supervised professional practice placement, by completing tutorial/briefings, and mandatory Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements for placement.
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 1 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 2 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 3 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 4 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 5 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 6 (hurdle)
Each hurdle builds on the previous hurdle
On-campus: students will participate in 6 pre-placement tutorial/briefings, comprising a mix of in class and online activities (up to 14 hours)
Off-campus: students will participate in 6 pre-placement tutorial/briefings, comprising online activities (up to 14 hours)
See also Unit timetable information