12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (Online)
- Second semester 2019 (Online)
Must be enrolled in course code M6001
This unit enables experienced MR practitioners to develop skills that will prepare them to assume leadership roles in regards to the provision of high quality MR clinical services within complex organisations. It will facilitate the integration of knowledge and skills developed in previous units and promote high level clinical decision making within an evidence based framework.
Students will critique current approaches and techniques for improving the quality and safety of MR practice and apply these approaches and techniques to developing evidence based plans and interventions to elements of modern MR practice of interest to them. By design this unit will promote the development of advanced clinical-decision-making skills and the capacity to work within multidisciplinary health care teams. The unit will provide the opportunity for students to negotiate and set personal learning goals in consultation with the unit coordinator and clinical mentor.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Apply the principles of evidence-based health care practice to the delivery of MRI imaging in the clinical context
- Identify and analyse patterns or trends related to quality of service, risks and safety both in the MR suite and across the profession.
- Critique approaches and techniques for improving the delivery of safe and effective MR services
- Plan an evidence based MR practice project that addresses a specific MR practice issue
- Apply contemporary approaches and techniques in developing plans and interventions for improving the delivery of high quality MR service
- Collect, analyse and synthesise information about the identified issues to inform changes to MR practice
- Recommend evidence based solutions to MR practice issues
- Create a scholarly report demonstrating the capacity to effect change to practice within a collaborative framework
- Communicate evidence based findings and recommendations to a wider professional audience
- Evidence based project plan (1,000 words) (10%)
- 4 advanced clinical intervention case studies (1,000 words each) (40%)
- Scholarly Report (4,500 words) (40%) (hurdle)
- Case presentation in a mediated online discussion forum (10%)
Off-campus - 12 hours per week for 12 weeks. No residential component is required. On-line delivery only for post graduate students.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Radiography and medical imaging