24 points, SCA Band 2, 0.500 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Full year 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 to First semester 2020 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in course 4516.
completed as part of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Hons) embedded honours programme.
This unit serves the important role of providing dedicated opportunities for students to document the research undertaken during their honours candidature. Students are supported through individualized supervision and the course coordinator to complete either a 10,000 - 12,000 word thesis or (at least 2) manuscripts in publication format.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Sustain collaboration with an academic supervisor
- Develop, implement and document a focused research project
- Apply appropriate analysis methods to data collected during the course of the research
- Logically interpret results of data analysis
- Present the research findings to staff and students and modify the report with consideration of feedback
- Prepare and submit the report of the research outcomes either in a 10,000-12,000 word thesis or in publication format
- Adhere to project timelines
- Archive all relevant documents arising from the conduct of research
- Write a final report to the approving ethics committee describing completion of the project.
- Thesis submission (Summative) (100%)
- Presentation to peers (Hurdle)
- Professional behaviour in communication (written or verbal) with department staff (Hurdle)
This 24 CP unit requires supervisor contact and private study totally 48 hours per week over 12 weeks.
See also Unit timetable information