6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
This is a studio based unit, where students will be presented with projects introducing etching and relief printmaking processes.The unit provides students with the means to achieve an initial level of technical competence in these processes, and a consideration of their works in the context of contemporary visual art.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Understand the conceptual and technical foundation for successful study in a contemporary visual art practice;
- Design and produce artworks using basic printmaking techniques as a special means of creative and critical contemporary expression, with particular reference to etching and relief printing;
- Apply print media and other creative strategies as a form of expression appropriate to the concept they are investigating;
- Understand the context of printmaking in the field of national and global contemporary visual culture;
- Describe the theoretical and historical rationale and context of their work;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 4 contact hours plus 8 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information