6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in an Undergraduate Degree
This unit will provide students with the opportunity to develop skills in data management and analysis. Skills in data management, linkage, quality assurance and analytics will be developed throughout the program. Students will be guided through data management from project inception to data set completion.
Practical skills will be developed through the completion of weekly data management tasks for a hypothetical study.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Develop a data management workflow
- Appraise the processes of data linkage
- Construct interim data reports
- Implement strategies for monitoring data quality
- Compile a data set handbook
- Weekly online activities (10%)
- Weekly coding exercises (25%)
- Operational data report (30%)
- Data Portfolio (35%)
80% attendance at tutorials and participation in online tasks.
6 hours per week contact hours (including 1 hour lecture, 2 hour tutorial and 3 hours online activity) plus 6 hours per week private study.
See also Unit timetable information