0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Full year 2019 (Flexible)
- Second semester 2019 to First semester 2020 (Flexible)
Must be enrolled in M6006 or M6031.
This unit runs across the final 12 months of the Master of Nurse Practitioner. There are several mandatory assessments required by AHPRA in the Master of Nurse Practitioner.
This unit contains those mandatory assessments.
The unit draws together academic work with workplace activities, and is the repository for the workplace assessments.
The associated Moodle site links all Master of Nurse Practitioner students together to share experiences in the discussion forum, and provides students with a direct link to the Nurse Practitioner stream leader, even when they are undertaking a unit delivered by other staff.
In the workplace, students will have both a clinical mentor, and a professional mentor, who meet regularly with students, set learning objectives and provide feedback
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Demonstrate achievement of the advanced knowledge, skills and attitudes required of a Nurse Practitioner
- Demonstrate high level interpersonal, problem solving and clinical decision making in the professional practice
- Provide holistic, person-centred advanced nursing care in specific health care settings
- Utilise research to enhance health outcomes and evaluate nursing interventions
- Plan, deliver and evaluate health programs and services
- Analyse ethical, legal and political aspects of the Nurse Practitioner role
- Develop advanced skills in medication management, health assessment and diagnosis
- Demonstrate achievement of the NMBA: Nurse Practitioner Standards for Practice.