6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Bhoomija Ranjan
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
ETC2500,, , .
The process of marketing research. Role of research in the marketing decision process. Developing key outputs -- brief, proposal, report. Planning and managing a research project. Qualitative and quantitative research techniques. Statistical analysis, marketing interpretation and reporting.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- provide a working knowledge of key concepts and methods used in marketing research
- develop a capability in formulating a theoretical framework for a marketing problem/opportunity
- provide an understanding of how to formulate a research design
- develop an ability to apply SPSS statistical software
- develop an ability to interpret statistical output from a marketing perspective.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information