18 points, SCA Band 1, 0.375 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit is the capstone studio to the Multimedia Design specialisation within the Master of Design. Students are required to develop a self-initiated major studio project that demonstrates an advanced-level application of multimedia design. The project will serve as a vehicle providing students with a means to undertake creative decision-making; apply their design, media and technical capabilities; and exercise a professional understanding of multimedia design practice. Preliminary research and project development will be undertaken in consultation with the studio supervisor.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Apply independent research, problem-solving methodologies and advanced technical skills to plan and manage complex multimedia design solutions from initial concept to final resolution;
- Demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in the design and production of a multimedia product;
- Communicate ideas and concepts to critically reflect, evaluate and justify their own multimedia design project;
- Demonstrate an extensive understanding of the multimedia design discipline and its professional practices, within the scope of a specified multimedia design project;
- Proficiently present multimedia design concepts in a logical and informed manner that has relevancy to a specified target audience, and;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% in-semester assessment
28 hours per week including 8 contact hours plus 20 hours independent study.
See also Unit timetable information