24 points, SCA Band 1, 0.500 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit is the culmination of a sequence of multimedia design studios. Students are expected to develop a self-initiated major studio project that demonstrates an advanced-level application of multimedia design. The project will serve as a vehicle providing students with a means to undertake creative decision-making apply their design, media and technical capabilities and exercise a professional understanding of multimedia design practice. Preliminary research and project development will be undertaken in consultation with studio supervisor.
Upon successful completion of this subject students should:
- Be able to demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in the creation, design and production of a multimedia product;
- Be able to critically evaluate, debate and/or defend their multimedia design project outcomes;
- Be able to document a multimedia design project in a cohesive proficient manner, demonstrating planning, leadership and management strategies;
- Be able to proficiently present multimedia design concepts in a logical and informed manner that has relevancy to their target audience;
- Be able to undertake effective research for developing a multimedia design strategy;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% in-semester assessment
36 independent study hours per week including weekly meetings with project supervisors and regular seminars.
See also Unit timetable information