12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Within this unit students engage in a range of studio design projects which have quota restrictions. For distribution into studio project groups, consideration will be given to student preference forms, academic performance, and previous design studio experiences. Weighted Average Mark (WAM) may be taken into account to ensure there is an even distribution of students in the studio project groups. Studio project group allocation will be decided by the Program Coordinator and Chief Examiner of the unit.
This unit builds on skills developed in previous studios and applies these to a range of projects with specific practice foci, extending an exploration of interior architecture as a series of transformational practices. Projects undertaken will provide an opportunity for students to integrate learning from supporting streams of the course with the development of responsive design practices. A number of focused studio projects will be offered.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will have the ability to:
- Respond creatively to design briefs of increasing complexity;
- Investigate relevant concepts and precedents in design discourse and incorporate these into design proposals;
- Demonstrate the resolution of competing needs during the development of a design proposal;
- Apply design strategies with increasing awareness and independence;
- Explore and communicate design schemes through appropriate modes of representation;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% in-semester assessment
24 hours per week including 6 contact hours plus 18 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information