0 points, SCA Band 2, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit is an elective designed for PhD and Master of Philosophy students. It focuses on the development of strategies and skills to complement and support PhD and Masters research studies, and prepare students for a career in research. PhD students are expected to complete FIT5144 before their Mid-Candidature/Progress Review.
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- develop and implement a publication strategy;
- manage research data and IP;
- develop and implement research funding strategies;
- apply entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to commercialising research;
- communicate and publish research findings in different forms to a range of different audiences in academic, industry and community forums;
- plan and organise PhD and Masters research, using the milestones to ensure timely completion;
- apply a range of generic and professional research skills to enhance future employability and plan a career in research.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Each workshop, boot camp or other activity will include an associated assessable task, which will comprise a portfolio of results.
Equivalent of 48 hours of face-to-face contact/class time plus 96 hours of individual study time.
See also Unit timetable information