0 points, SCA Band 2, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Summer semester A 2019 (On-campus)
Students must have completed a minimum of 96 credit points includingor Professional practice.
Internship is an important part of an academic curriculum in higher education institutions and is a requirement to graduate. This unit is designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain professional experience and first-hand knowledge in the field of study. Students on internship placement will participate full time in a defined, graduate level role at leading companies. Students will apply the knowledge, skills and practices of professional attitudes and behaviour developed in their academic units. They will develop communication, time management, self-reflection and customer service skills in business situations, experience and participate professionally in the corporate environment and obtain feedback from experienced supervisors on their performance.
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply knowledge in computing, mathematics or programming in hardware or software development;
- select and adapt the relevant computing tools and programs;
- apply and understand social, safety, culture, legal, ethics or integrity issues related to professional computing practices;
- communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- develop leadership skills and confidence to work independently and as a member of a team
In-semester assessment: 100%
Students on placement are deployed full-time for 12 weeks with an industry partner during the summer break between years 2 and 3 of their course.
See also Unit timetable information