12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Full year 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2019 to First semester 2020 (On-campus)
Enrolment in D6006 MProfCouns
In this unit, students undertake a supervised research project. The unit increases students' understanding of theoretical and methodological aspects of research within the area of counselling and their skills to apply these to a research project. Students develop analytic skills and advanced research knowledge in the practice of counselling. The research is communicated to a professional audience.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- locate a research concern within a relevant body of academic scholarship
- review a particular field and identify implications for research
- focus a research project on selected research methodologies
- use research processes with due regard to ethical procedures and academic conventions
- demonstrate a capacity to engage in reflective, critical discussion of the relevant research area.
Research Project A (literature review, hypothesis and research method) (4000 words, 50%)
Research Project B (data presentation/results and discussion) (4000 words, 50%)
Minimum total expected workload equals 288 hours per semester comprising:
- one-on-one or group supervision activities equivalent to 1-2 hours per week
- Additional requirements (all students):
- Independent study to make up the required minimum hours during the semester.
See also Unit timetable information