0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
School of Psychological Sciences
- Second semester 2019 (Off-campus Day)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
DPSY5299, DPSY6199, DPSY6299
Must be enrolled in Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Neuropsychology
The advanced specialist practicum provides students with opportunity to directly contribute to service delivery by participating in the planning and provision of neuropsychological assessment and treatment to a range of persons with relatively complicated presentations. At this stage of their training students will be expected to carry a client load with minimal supervisory support. The location of the specialised practicum will be negotiated with individual students, taking into account their preferences and their need for specialised skill acquisition, but options will include rehabilitation, developmental neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry, neurogeriatrics and forensic neuropsychology.
By the end of the advanced specialist practicum, students' skills and knowledge in a particular area of clinical neuropsychology should be extensive.
On completion of the unit students will:
- be able to independently develop and deliver assessment and intervention strategies which reflect an understanding of the current knowledge of best practice;
- be able to provide input at the organisational level;
- be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of neuropsychological principles and how these can be implemented within service delivery systems;
- demonstrate a full understanding of the complexities of provision of services should be apparent with evidence of appreciation of the wider context in which the client operates and in which the service is provided.
Placement Contract (Hurdle)
Mid-placement Review (Hurdle)
Student Diary (Hurdle)
Student Case/Logbook (Hurdle)
Supervisor Logbook (Hurdle)
Final Student Assessment Report (Hurdle)
Final Supervisor Assessment Report (Hurdle)