0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Neuropsychology
Students will observe oral case presentations given by experienced clinicians and other students. They will be exposed to a variety of different presentation styles designed to cater for specific audiences and will learn to evaluate case material in an objective and critical manner. They will participate in discussions of clinical issues and recent developments in the field of Clinical Neuropsychology and will be challenged to remain informed about such developments and issues.
The primary aim of this unit is to provide students with an opportunity to observe and participate in oral presentations of case material and other professional issues at the same time as they commence their first clinical placement.
When students have completed the unit they will:
- be familiar with the format of oral presentations suitable for a number of different audiences, ranging from the medico-legal forum and other colleagues to lay persons;
- participate confidently in case discussions;
- be informed about current issues in the field of clinical neuropsychology;
- have developed sufficient rapport with staff members to seek assistance when it is required during later years of the course; and
- have developed their ability to read and evaluate journal papers relevant to clinical neuropsychology.
Class Contribution 25%
Oral Presentation 75%